Traffic Lights are used to control the vehicular traffic. In the modern era, everyone has different types of vehicles resulting in rise to the numbers of vehicles. That’s why traffic lights are mandatory to avoid the traffic jams and accidents. There are three lights in the traffic signal, having different message for the drivers. Red light (upper one) asks the driver to yield at the intersection, green light (last one) gives the driver free license to drive through the intersection whereas the yellow light (middle one) alerts the driver to wait if the next light is red one or get ready to go / turn the engine ON if the green light is next.
Traffic light has proved to be an amazing way to stop the vehicular collisions and control the traffic jams in today’s modern era where everyone owns the different types of vehicles.
What’s a traffic light controller?
They are sensors buried in the road to detect the presence of traffic waiting at the light, and thus can reduce the time when a green signal is given to an empty road. A timer is frequently used as a default during times of very low traffic density and as a backup in case the sensors fail.
What kind of sensor is employed in traffic signal controller?
In addition to inductive sensors, there are also over-the-road sensors that can use infrared, laser, acoustic, or visual technologies to detect the presence of vehicles at traffic signals. The main advantages of these sensors are that they don't require installation in the pavement itself.
Control Lights indication:
There are three control lights or signals, which will provide the instruction to the driver.
• RED light – instructs the driver to STOP at the intersection.
• YELLOW light – instructs the driver to WAIT (If red light is next) or GET READY (if green light is next)
• GREEN light – instructs the driver to GO through the intersection.
LED Traffic Light Controller advantages:
Traffic Light Controller has been developed with state of art technologies to provide following advantages . . .
1) Hour wise and day wise sequences in a week.
• Provision to program hour wise in a day and day wise in a week sequences to suit the traffic variations in a junction.• Provision to program 20 holiday sequences. 2) Synchronization between the junctions.
• Possibility to maintain the synchronized sequences in a series of junctions for a given speed between the junctions.
So, you can see that traffic control will be impossible without LED traffic controller. So, investing in these lighting options really make sense.